VigRX Plus works great, there’s no question about it. Now why it works so great is something a lot of guys want to know. So lets take a closer look at what exactly is inside VigRX Plus and figure out why it works so much better than Horny Goat Weed alone, or those SuperZen Virility pills.
You can quick jump to any of the ingredients below, but I recommend you scan over them all. Its an interesting read, and some of them have some odd effects worth noting. Several of these are available OTC, but the good ones that have been studied and been proven to work aren’t readily available anywhere but online.
- Ginko Biloba
- Asian Red Ginseng
- Saw Palmetto Berry
- Muira Pauma Bark
- Catuaba Bark
Bioperine increases the absorption rate of nutrients in your body, meaning you absorb more VigRX Plus than you would any other male enhancement pill just because VigRX Plus included bioperine. It can increase absorption up to 30%.
- Derived from black pepper
- Responsible for peppers spicy taste
- Drastically increases absorption of nutrients from the intestines
I remember reading an article detailing how most multivitamins aren’t absorbed, and end up being excreted. I think Bioperine should be in every multivitamin to ensure we aren’t wasting our money on vitamins our body isn’t using.
Damiana (Turnera Diffusa)
Damiana is a shrub that, according to Chinese-Herbs.org, was used by the Aztecs and Mayans as a “health tonic”. The most popular use is as an aphrodisiac for both men and women. It stimulates both sexes genitals by increasing oxygen levels to the sexual organs, and has a testosterone-like effect which drastically improves sex drive in men.
- Grows in subtropical regions of Mexico, Central America and South America
- First used in the United States in 1874
- Has been proven in studies to correct sexual dysfunction in those with diabetes
Its been tested in mice here in America, and the result was increased mounting. The more they administered to the mice, the more their sexual activity levels increased. Its also been used as a mood regulator, but there’s a pretty strong correlation between mood and sex when it comes us men, so Id wager its related.
Epimedium (Epimedium Sagittatum)
Epimedium has been studied and documented as “natural Viagra” because like Viagra, Epimedium acts as a potent PDE-5 inhibitor, and relaxes the smooth muscle in the penis – giving you an erection basically the same way Viagra does.
- Known as Horny Goat Weed in the US and China
- An animal study from 1995 found that the herb helped to boost sexual function
- Pretty well established claims, you can buy this stuff OTC at any drug store
I have used Horny Goat Weed before, and it works when I buy the good stuff from GNC. The stuff I tried from Savon was total garbage, didn’t do a thing. Leads me to believe there are varying levels of quality when it comes to Epimedium.
Ginko Biloba (Ginko Leaf)
This one is also fairly well known for its claims to improve memory. Personally, I never experienced its memory enhancement effects, but apparently its been in 300 different studies relating to sexual function.
- An open trial of Gingko Biloba run by the University of California at San Francisco found it to be 84% effective in treating anti-depressant related sexual dysfunction
- Well documented and shown to improve blood flow to small blood vessels and capillaries
I have experienced the improved blood flow from Ginko Biloba, gave me a headache. I took it OTC from Savon though, and likely took to much. Either way though, its been proven to improve blood flow to the smaller blood vessels and that means your penis.
Asian Red Ginseng (Panax Ginseng)
Chinese Red Ginseng is one of the most popular medicinal herbs used in the US. Many herbs have clinical studies done on animals to prove effectiveness, but this herb in particular has been tested on men- which makes the results particularly relevant.
- Tested against placebos, and was proven more effective. That’s more than some prescription drugs can claim.
- Results from the study showed increased in erection strength, and erection rigidity
- 60% of patients who participated noted an improvement in their erections
Its also been shown to increase Nitric Oxide release, which is responsible for erections. This one I can’t find over the counter, but I have seen it in several male enhancement supplements and it is sold all over China and in the US as a supplemental ingredient in several enhancement blends. Although its been tested in trials for its effectiveness in improving erections strength, its actually used more commonly for improving stamina.
Saw Palmetto Berry (Fructus Serenoae)
Saw Palmetto is a not well known sexual stimulants and aphrodisiac. It works effectively to stop testosterone from converting into DHT. DHT is the hormone thought to cause prostrate cells to multiply which leads to an enlarged prostate.
- Works similar to Epimedium does above, and relaxes smooth muscles in the penis to allow improved blood flow
- Effective in regulating the thyroid and sexual organ activities
- Currently used throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany for maintaining a healthy prostate and urinary tract
I haven’t seen this on any of the bottles on the OTC supplements at my local shops. Wikipedia says this herb is anabolic in nature, and has the ability to increase strength and endurance.
Muira Pauma Bark Extract (Ptychopetalum olacoides)
Had to look this one up on Wikipedia as well- Muira Pauma is commonly used to treat impotence and increase a low sex drive. This one has also been tested on humans in clinical trials, rather than animals. In those human studies it emerged as a potent herb for treating sexual function issues.
- In a study by Dr. Jacques Waynberg at the Institute of Sexology in Paris, a total of 262 men suffering with lack of sexual desire and/or erectile difficulties were treated daily with Muira Puama extract.
- After two weeks, 51% of those suffering with erectile difficulties reported a significant improvement, while 62% of those who reported a lack of sexual desire reported a “dynamic” effect on their libido.
- This doctor, as well as others, have done number of studies on Muira Pauma Bark and all had the same findings. Upwards of 60%+ improvement in sexual desire an function.
This one looks like something that could be beneficial by taking it all by itself, whether you are using vigrx plus or not. 60% increase in desire and function is nothing to sneeze at, thats more than any other herbal or pharmacological remedy I have ever heard of.
Catuaba bark Extract (Erythroxylum catuaba)
This is a medium sized tree that grows in the Brazilian rain-forest, and like many of the other ingredients its been used by tribal men as a libido enhancer. It weirdly increases the frequency of erotic dreams as well, which is pretty cool evidence that its effective. This one has not been studied much at all, but its thought to work by dilating blood vessels in the penis.
- Advertised for use in people with nervousness, poor memory, and sexual weakness
- Also used as an energy booster by many tribal people